Using Selection Techniques in Photo shop CS4
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
When you use selection techniques, essentially you are setting apart a portion of an image so that you can make changes to it. Or you may want to include that portion with other images. That portion is considered a selection.
With the selection, you can still utilize the tools used to edit images and other commands. The selection portion is protected and is considered a “mask”. This part of the image is protected in Photoshop CS4. You will see an outline of the selection on the screen.
Using a selection tool icon, you can make a selection. Whatever tool you will be using will be in the Options bar. Use Windows and Options if you don’t see t hem. You will not see all of the tools right away. You may have to click on some tools in order to see the ones that are hidden.
Use the Ctrl-H function to show and hide the selection outline. Using Select, then Inverse will make the selection inverted. If you wish to reverse the selection, choose Select>None. To save a selection, choose Select, then Save Selection.
If you need to include more on a current selection, use the Shift key. To remove from a current selection, use the Alt key. If you need to add more to a current selection because of color, choose Select, then Similar.
If you need to move a selection or part of it, use the move tool and drag it to where you want it.
If you want to feather a selection, use the Feather checkbox. Using this will allow your selection to look softer.
Photo Shop CS4 Tutorials
- Photo Shop CS4 Tutorials
- Palettes in Photo shop CS4
- Using Images in Photo shop CS4
- Layers in Photo shop CS4
- Using Selection Techniques in Photo shop CS4
- How To Make Your Photos Look Better in Photo shop CS4
- Colors in Photo shop CS4
- Painting In Photoshop CS4
- Pictures In Photoshop CS4
- Adding Text In Photoshop CS4
- Creating 3-D Effects In Photoshop CS4
- Creating A Lighting Effect In Photoshop CS4
- Creating Backgrounds In Photoshop CS4
- Importing And Exporting In Photoshop CS4
- Zooming Techniques In Photoshop CS4
- Strokes In Photoshop CS4
- Creating A Watermark In Photoshop CS4
- Creating A Shadow Effect In Photoshop CS4
Tags: Using Selection Techniques in Photo shop CS4
Posted in Photo Shop CS4 Tutorials | No Comments »