How to setup Product Attributes in osCommerce
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
Assuming you’ve already logged into osCommerce application, let’s now learn how to setup Product Attributes in osCommerce. Click the second button on the left called Catalog menu which is below the configuration menu, it will take you to the new page which says Categories / Products,
on the extreme left there is a sub header which says Products attributes, click on it, it will display the current attributes that can be defined to a product in your store, for example lets assume that your product has 5 attributes namely color, size, model, memory and version, besides each of these attributes you will find an edit and a delete button, now scroll down, you will see three boxes besides the color option which says en: de: and es: enter a new color option in the box which says en: for the color attribute, lets say you enter Blue, now click insert button besides it, now scroll down again and enter a new color lets say Red in the en box, and click the insert button besides it, now on the top right you can see pages 1,2 etc Click on page 2 to view the next page of options, scroll right, click edit for this product,
click on the Model under the column Option Name and select the color option, select color, click on the box under the Option value and select the appropriate option value, let say you select Blue, the click update button on the extreme right.
That’s it, we have successfully changed a products color option, you can add as many product attributes and associated attribute values, as necessary to describe the products in your store, now you know how to add product attributes in osCommerce.
If you need a professional look for your osCommerce store, you might be interested in these osCommerce templates.
- osCommerce Tutorial
- How to install osCommerce from Fantastico
- Best osCommerce Templates
- How to configure your store in osCommerce
- How to add product categories to your store in osCommerce
- How to add products to your store in osCommerce
- How to add payment modules in osCommerce
- How to add a shipping module in osCommerce
- How to change tax rates in osCommerce
- How to configure your currency in osCommerce
- How to set up special promotions in osCommerce
- How to manage your customers in osCommerce
- How to send emails to your customers from osCommerce
- How to Manage Banners in osCommerce
- How to backup and restore your database in osCommerce
- How to setup Product Attributes in osCommerce
Tags: How to setup Product Attributes in osCommerce
Posted in osCommerce | No Comments »