Learn to import sound in Flash CS4.
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
In flash, its easy to import sound and use it in your flash movies, importing sound in flash CS4 is like importing any other element.
Go to the main menu, choose File > Import > import to stage or import to library, in this instance lets select import to library, then it will prompt you to select your sound file from your folders, select a music file with a .aif extension, in this instance I have a sound file called sound.aif in one of my folders, once you import it to library, you will see the sound.aif file in the library like this one below.
Now double click on the music.aif file, it will open up a sound properties window, you will have to change the sound compression, there are four different methods like the one you see below.
You choose different methods for a specific need, ADPCM and Raw use very little compression and are good for very short sounds, MP3 are good for long sounds and Speech is very good for voice over audio, we’ll choose MP3 for compression and we will choose a bit rate, the default bit rate is 16kbps per seconds, we’ll choose 64kbps and click the test button to test the quality of the sound like the one you see below,
When you test the quality of sound, you can subsequently change the bit rate and quality till you are satisfied with the quality of sound, at the bottom of the above screen, you will notice the quality of sound and the file size is given, here the sound is 417.4 kB, which in case you want to know is 4.5% of the original sound, also note that when editing the sound in your sound properties window, you are not editing the original sound file, so you can at anytime edit you sound file, in other words this compression is only applied when the file is exported, with this setting click OK, then to get a sound of play in your flash movie, drag the sound from the library on to the stage, if you look at the timeline you can see soundwaves where you droped the sound like this one below.
Now you can test your flash movie by pressing Ctrl+Enter. You will be able to listen to the music. So using flash CS4 you can import music file, compress it however you like and play it in flash player.
Flash CS4 Tutorials
- Flash CS4 Tutorial
- Introduction to flash CS4 authoring environment
- Panels and Panel workspace in flash CS4
- Drawing in flash CS4
- Use of polystar tool in flash CS4
- Object drawing Mode in Flash CS4
- How the Line tool, Pencil tool, brush tool and pen tool work in in Flash CS4
- How to use Ink bottle and paint bucket tool in flash CS4
- How to manage layers in Flash CS4
- How to make an image big on rollover in flash CS4
- Creating Mask in Flash CS4
- Moving Ball Animation in Flash CS4
- How to create a shape tween in Flash CS4
- How to create a motion guide in Flash CS4
- Learn how to create a bouncing ball in Flash CS4
- Learn how to put multiple classic tween on stage at the same time in Flash CS4
- Learn Complex Text Animation in Flash CS4
- Learn Create Animations involving Masks in Flash CS4
- Learn to create a movie clip that fades as the user moves the cursor away from it in Flash CS4
- Learn to create cloud animation in Flash
- Learn to import sound in Flash CS4.
- Learn 3D Art in Flash CS4.
- Learn to create a customizable pop-up window using Flash CS4.
- How to get an url in a blank window in a flash CS4 action script
- How to get an url in a blank window in an xml file
- How to put your favorite icon in the browser
- How to create a scroll bar in Flash CS4
- How to create a basic layout in Flash CS4
- How to load pictures in flash CS4 dynamically using the loader component
- Load External swf as2
- Upload a Website/ FTP
Tags: Learn to import sound in Flash CS4.
Posted in Flash CS4 Tutorial | No Comments »