Learn Complex Text Animation in Flash CS4
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
Lets say you want some leters on stage which you want to animate which zooms in from the left, one at a time. So selecting the text tool, type BEST WEB on stage and selecting all the letters press Ctrl+B to break them apart,
then distribute to layers by going to modify menu, timeline and distribute to layers. In your time line you will see that ‘BEST WEB’ each letter is distributed to separate layer as seen below.
Lets say we want all the letters to animate to stage, go to frame 6 and hit F6 to insert keyframes. Now go to frame 1 select all the letters and put them all together in one place, by going to the window menu bar and click on align and squeshing them all to gether.
you will see something like the one below, don’t panic
And take this entire letters which is squished up to the extreme left by pressing shift and dragging them out of the stage. Now we are going to animate the “BESTWEB” on to the stage, so click inbetween the frames in all the layers and create a classic tween. Now when you run the movie clip you will notice that all the letters come on to the stage together, this is not what we are looking for, we want the letter ‘B’ to come in first, then the ‘E’ then the ‘S’ and so on. We do that by selecting all the keyframes in each layer and pushing it further away from the previous letter like the one below;
This is done so that the letters are staggered, that the ‘B’ comes in first, then the ‘E’ comes in next, then the ‘S’ comes after that and so on, when you run the movie clip at this point, you will see a problem that when ‘B’ comes in first and as the ‘E’ comes in next the ‘B’ starts to disappear, that is because the letter ‘B’ ends at frame 6, this will happen to all the letters while you animate because when the previous one ends the next one begins.
To fix this problem we have to go the the very last layer ie: ‘B’ layer here and insert blank keyframes to all the layers. We do so by clicking and dragging all the layers from the last layer upwards and pressing F5 to insert frames like the one shown below.
If you run the movie clip by pressing Ctrl+Enter you will notice that the letters land on stage one at a time in a proper sequence, that’s it you now know how to do complex text animation in flash CS4.
Flash CS4 Tutorials
- Flash CS4 Tutorial
- Introduction to flash CS4 authoring environment
- Panels and Panel workspace in flash CS4
- Drawing in flash CS4
- Use of polystar tool in flash CS4
- Object drawing Mode in Flash CS4
- How the Line tool, Pencil tool, brush tool and pen tool work in in Flash CS4
- How to use Ink bottle and paint bucket tool in flash CS4
- How to manage layers in Flash CS4
- How to make an image big on rollover in flash CS4
- Creating Mask in Flash CS4
- Moving Ball Animation in Flash CS4
- How to create a shape tween in Flash CS4
- How to create a motion guide in Flash CS4
- Learn how to create a bouncing ball in Flash CS4
- Learn how to put multiple classic tween on stage at the same time in Flash CS4
- Learn Complex Text Animation in Flash CS4
- Learn Create Animations involving Masks in Flash CS4
- Learn to create a movie clip that fades as the user moves the cursor away from it in Flash CS4
- Learn to create cloud animation in Flash
- Learn to import sound in Flash CS4.
- Learn 3D Art in Flash CS4.
- Learn to create a customizable pop-up window using Flash CS4.
- How to get an url in a blank window in a flash CS4 action script
- How to get an url in a blank window in an xml file
- How to put your favorite icon in the browser
- How to create a scroll bar in Flash CS4
- How to create a basic layout in Flash CS4
- How to load pictures in flash CS4 dynamically using the loader component
- Load External swf as2
- Upload a Website/ FTP
Tags: Learn Complex Text Animation in Flash CS4
Posted in Flash CS4 Tutorial | 1 Comment »