How to manage layers in Flash CS4
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
All this while we were working on flash CS4 on stage on a single layer, now lets just draw a simple website design by creating a rectangle green color menu bar in layer1, by double clicking on the layer1, you will be able to change the name of the layer, say call it menu,
On the left bottom of this picture above, you will find an add layer button, you will be able to create layers by simply clicking on it, if you notice very closely that there is a dark grey box in the time line of the layer header, that means we have put in an object on stage, similarly create another layer and make another rectangle yellow box on top of the page, similarly create another layer and write your company name on it, you can double click on each layer and name them differently, you will notice that you have three grey boxes with a black dot in each layer on the time line 1. this is to make sure that each layer does not interfear with each other.
You can make each of these layers invisible by simply clicking on the eye button in the respective layer
in case you want to edit the bottom layer and you are unable to do it, you can also click on the lock button like the one below
to make sure, that you don’t move it around. So get used to using the pad lock icons by simply clicking to make it invisible and lock them and by clicking on it, to make it visible and unlock them.
Your drawing will look something like this on three layers.
So you know how to manage layers in flash Cs4, I would recommend that you always label your layers, suppose you draw a whole lot of drawings on stage, and later if you want to edit it, you may not know what each layer contains, again you can delete any layer any time by simply click on the layers, selecting it, and clicking on the trashcan found on the right bottom of pic1, it will look like this
Notice one more important thing while working in flash, if at any point you think you want to undo, you can simply click ctrl+z on your keyboard, and you can get it back.
There is another button between creating layers and deleting layers in the pic1. these are adding folders, by clicking on it, you can add a folder and store all your files by dragging and dropping them into that folder, and naming that folder header folder.
Flash CS4 Tutorials
- Flash CS4 Tutorial
- Introduction to flash CS4 authoring environment
- Panels and Panel workspace in flash CS4
- Drawing in flash CS4
- Use of polystar tool in flash CS4
- Object drawing Mode in Flash CS4
- How the Line tool, Pencil tool, brush tool and pen tool work in in Flash CS4
- How to use Ink bottle and paint bucket tool in flash CS4
- How to manage layers in Flash CS4
- How to make an image big on rollover in flash CS4
- Creating Mask in Flash CS4
- Moving Ball Animation in Flash CS4
- How to create a shape tween in Flash CS4
- How to create a motion guide in Flash CS4
- Learn how to create a bouncing ball in Flash CS4
- Learn how to put multiple classic tween on stage at the same time in Flash CS4
- Learn Complex Text Animation in Flash CS4
- Learn Create Animations involving Masks in Flash CS4
- Learn to create a movie clip that fades as the user moves the cursor away from it in Flash CS4
- Learn to create cloud animation in Flash
- Learn to import sound in Flash CS4.
- Learn 3D Art in Flash CS4.
- Learn to create a customizable pop-up window using Flash CS4.
- How to get an url in a blank window in a flash CS4 action script
- How to get an url in a blank window in an xml file
- How to put your favorite icon in the browser
- How to create a scroll bar in Flash CS4
- How to create a basic layout in Flash CS4
- How to load pictures in flash CS4 dynamically using the loader component
- Load External swf as2
- Upload a Website/ FTP
Tags: How to manage layers in Flash CS4
Posted in Flash CS4 Tutorial | No Comments »