How the Line tool, Pencil tool, brush tool and pen tool work in in Flash CS4
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
It is very important to understand how the various drawing tools work in flash CS4, let me just take you through on some of these, on the extreme right on the menu, you will find the various drawing tools
The line tool is looks like this,
when you click on the line tool and draw on stage you can go any direction, but if you want to draw a square lets say, you can draw a straight line downwards, you will see that by default the snap tool is selected and the line will snap in place, when it is perfectly straight, like wise to the right, up and left you will join the first point, you can draw a 45 degree line, and it will snap in place. This is a very important drawing tool in flash CS4.
The same way you can draw with pencil tool, when clicked on the pencil tool which looks like this below,
You will see that the property setting are just a stroke color, you can draw a zig zag on stage and notice that you can only select a color which is of stroke, and may not give you the option of the fill color.
In the option menu box you have two options like this below
The top one is a smooth curve and the bottom one is a straight line, assuming you have drawn a zig zag on stage with a color red, selecting the drawing on stage, as you click on the smooth button the shape of the zig zag will smoothen, and the other straight button works differently than the smooth button, when selected the drawing, and clicked on the straight line, it will straighten the line to a virtual straight line running downwards.
The next tool is the brush tool, which looks like the one below,
As you click on the brush tool, you will find that in your properties panel, you have only a fill color and not a stroke, this tool works very much like the pencil tool, with the smooth option tool and the straight option tool working with the brush tool very similarly like the way it works with pencil tool.
Another important tool is the pen tool, this tool looks like this below
As you take the pen tool to the stage you will find that it make a dot with a florescent green, and once you release your mouse and make the second mark on stage, you will find a second point, and the first and second connect, this will happen till you finish all your drawings on stage and touch the start point, when pressed escape you will find the shape you drew, and accordingly fill the color of your choice, this pen tool will draw straight lines, if you want curved strokes, you can simply drag the mouse with the cursor moving either ways and then connecting the points to the starting point.
Flash CS4 Tutorials
- Flash CS4 Tutorial
- Introduction to flash CS4 authoring environment
- Panels and Panel workspace in flash CS4
- Drawing in flash CS4
- Use of polystar tool in flash CS4
- Object drawing Mode in Flash CS4
- How the Line tool, Pencil tool, brush tool and pen tool work in in Flash CS4
- How to use Ink bottle and paint bucket tool in flash CS4
- How to manage layers in Flash CS4
- How to make an image big on rollover in flash CS4
- Creating Mask in Flash CS4
- Moving Ball Animation in Flash CS4
- How to create a shape tween in Flash CS4
- How to create a motion guide in Flash CS4
- Learn how to create a bouncing ball in Flash CS4
- Learn how to put multiple classic tween on stage at the same time in Flash CS4
- Learn Complex Text Animation in Flash CS4
- Learn Create Animations involving Masks in Flash CS4
- Learn to create a movie clip that fades as the user moves the cursor away from it in Flash CS4
- Learn to create cloud animation in Flash
- Learn to import sound in Flash CS4.
- Learn 3D Art in Flash CS4.
- Learn to create a customizable pop-up window using Flash CS4.
- How to get an url in a blank window in a flash CS4 action script
- How to get an url in a blank window in an xml file
- How to put your favorite icon in the browser
- How to create a scroll bar in Flash CS4
- How to create a basic layout in Flash CS4
- How to load pictures in flash CS4 dynamically using the loader component
- Load External swf as2
- Upload a Website/ FTP
Tags: brush tool and pen tool work in in Flash CS4, How the Line tool, Pencil tool
Posted in Flash CS4 Tutorial | 1 Comment »