Create a New Project
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
When you open Flash Catalyst you will see an opening screen with various options.
If you have created a layout in Photoshop or Illustrator you can open these files in Flash Catalyst and continue on from there. If this is the case click on one of the top options under “Create New Project from Design File” to open the required file.
- From Adobe Illustrator AI File
- From Adobe Photoshop PSD File
However, if you are starting from scratch, you can create a new project. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will do this by clicking on “Adobe Flash Catalyst Project” under “Create New Project”.
You can also get these options under the “File” Menu in the main menu at the top.
File > New Project
File > New Project from Design File
- Click on “Adobe Flash Catalyst Project” under “Create New Project”.
- In the screen that pops up specify the following details:
- Project name – we have named it “website”
- Dimensions – we have specified a width of ’1000′ and left the height ’600′.
- Background color – we have left it white. If you want to change it you can click on the tiny triangle below the color box and select a color.
- Click the OK button
Save the project by clicking ‘File’ then ‘ Save’ from the main menu.
You will notice that the project file is saved with a .fxp extension. This is your Flash Catalyst file format. Later when you want to create the Flash file to be used on your website you can publish it to ‘swf’ format.
Flash Catalyst Tutorial
- Flash Catalyst Tutorial
- Create a New Project
- Flash Catalyst Workspace
- Flash Catalyst Tools
- Flash Catalyst Webpage
- Logo Design in Flash Catalyst
- Webpage Layout in Flash Catalyst
- Buttons in Flash Catalyst
- Pages/ States in Flash Catalyst
- Interactivity in Flash Catalyst
- Transition Effects in Flash Catalyst
- Publish the Flash Catalyst Website
Posted in Flash Catalyst Tutorial | No Comments »