How to Manage Blocks in Drupal.
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
Drupal is a free and open source modular framework and Content Management System (CMS) written in PHP. It is used as a “backend” system for many different types of websites, ranging from small personal blogs to large corporate and political sites.
We assume that you have already logged into Drupal. Click on the Administer link found on the left like the one below.
Then click on the Blocks link like the one below.
You will enter a Blocks management page like the one shown below,
Blocks are boxes of content that can be arranged and displayed in certain areas of your web page.
Click the Add Block Link like this one below.
You will be prompted to enter the block details like the one shown below.
Click Save block button, that’s it, the new block has been created.
Here you will be able to see a list of all blocks in our website, including the ones that are enabled and the ones which are currently disabled including the new block we just created as you can see below.
Let’s go and edit the new block, let’s say you want the new block on the left side, click on the scroll bar beside the new block and select the left side bar like shown below.
When finished click on the Save blocks button at the bottom.
To delete the new block, click on the delete link placed to the right on the same line, it will again ask for confirmation, click delete button again to delete the new block you just created.
You now know how to manage blocks in drupal.
- Drupal Tutorials
- How to Install Drupal from Fantastico.
- Best Drupal Templates
- Getting help with Drupal.
- How to maintain your site in Drupal.
- How to configure your site in Drupal.
- How to Create Menus in Drupal.
- Setting up your Account information in Drupal.
- How to Manage Menus in Drupal.
- How to Manage Pages in Drupal.
- How to Manage Modules in Drupal.
- How to manage themes in Drupal.
- How to Manage Blocks in Drupal.
- How to manage stories in Drupal.
- How to manage users in Drupal.
- How to change your password in Drupal.
- Add Content in Drupal
- Edit Blocks in Drupal
- How to Change footer in Drupal
- How to edit content the welcome message in drupal
- How to install a database in drupal
Tags: How to Manage Blocks in Drupal.
Posted in Drupal Tutorials | No Comments »