How to Install Drupal from Fantastico.
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
Fantastico is a great tool that allows you to easily install Drupal with 2 -3 clicks. It comes free with some hosting servers like Hostgator (which we use to host this site).
Assuming that you have already logged into your cpanel and launched the Fantastico application, click on the Drupal link found on the left side under Content Management like this one below.
You will see a Drupal installation screen like the one you see below.
Drupal is an advanced portal with collaborative book, search engine friendly URL’s, online help, roles, full content search, site watching, threaded comments, version control, etc., click on the New Installation link found on the above screen. You will be prompted to enter the name of the directory you want to install or leave this field blank if you want it installed in your root directory. Enter an admin username, password and admin email address in the respective boxes, when ready click on install drupal button, and click on finish installation to complete the installation process. That’s it, Drupal has been successfully installed in your account, and is ready for you to start configuring it.
Click on the http link to login to your new installation.
Login using the admin username and password you assigned during installation.
You will see your new installation listed on the script home page, from here you can visit the site by clicking on visit site link, or remove the script from your account by clicking on the remove link. You now know how to install Drupal from Fantastico.
- Drupal Tutorials
- How to Install Drupal from Fantastico.
- Best Drupal Templates
- Getting help with Drupal.
- How to maintain your site in Drupal.
- How to configure your site in Drupal.
- How to Create Menus in Drupal.
- Setting up your Account information in Drupal.
- How to Manage Menus in Drupal.
- How to Manage Pages in Drupal.
- How to Manage Modules in Drupal.
- How to manage themes in Drupal.
- How to Manage Blocks in Drupal.
- How to manage stories in Drupal.
- How to manage users in Drupal.
- How to change your password in Drupal.
- Add Content in Drupal
- Edit Blocks in Drupal
- How to Change footer in Drupal
- How to edit content the welcome message in drupal
- How to install a database in drupal
Tags: How to Install Drupal from Fantastico.
Posted in Drupal Tutorials | No Comments »