How to Create Menus in Drupal.
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
Drupal is a free and open source modular framework and Content Management System (CMS) written in PHP. It is used as a “backend” system for many different types of websites, ranging from small personal blogs to large corporate and political sites.
We assume that you have already logged into Drupal. Click on the Administer link found on the left like the one below.
Click on the menus link found below the Blocks menu like the one shown below.
Then click Add Menu found on top of the page, like this one below.
It will prompt you to enter the menu name, menu title and menu description, click Save button to save the new menu as shown below.
Now let’s go and add items to our menu, click on Add Item as shown below.
You will enter a new page, where you have to enter the path this menu items links to, the menu link title, description etc., make sure that you have the proper menu selected as your parent item, then click save button when ready.
Now you new menu has been created, just go and create a second menu item, repeat the process again.
In order to show up the new menu in your website, you must create a new block to it and configure where it should go.
So click on the Blocks link found under the Administer menu found to the left of the screen, locate the new menu you created and enable it by configuring its location, go down and make sure you click on the save blocks to save our configuration.
That’s it, you will be able to see the new menu we just created along with the two menu items on the left side of your screen below the main menu.
You now know how to create menus in drupal , remember you have to enable the menu block after creating it.
- Drupal Tutorials
- How to Install Drupal from Fantastico.
- Best Drupal Templates
- Getting help with Drupal.
- How to maintain your site in Drupal.
- How to configure your site in Drupal.
- How to Create Menus in Drupal.
- Setting up your Account information in Drupal.
- How to Manage Menus in Drupal.
- How to Manage Pages in Drupal.
- How to Manage Modules in Drupal.
- How to manage themes in Drupal.
- How to Manage Blocks in Drupal.
- How to manage stories in Drupal.
- How to manage users in Drupal.
- How to change your password in Drupal.
- Add Content in Drupal
- Edit Blocks in Drupal
- How to Change footer in Drupal
- How to edit content the welcome message in drupal
- How to install a database in drupal
Tags: How to Create Menus in Drupal.
Posted in Drupal Tutorials | No Comments »