Webpages in Dreamweaver
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
Now that our template is ready let us make the 4 webpages of our site – home, about us, services and contact us.
The homepage file is usually named ‘index’. This is recognized by your hosting server as the home page and is shown when someone types in your domain name into the browser. HTML pages end with the file extension .htm or .html and it is a good practice not to have spaces in the file names, so we will create the following files:
- To create a webpage in Dreamweaver select ‘File’ from the Dreamweaver Menu, then select ‘New’.
- From the New Document Window, select ‘Page from Template’, then our website’s name under ‘Site’ and finally the template name under Template
- Click the ‘Create’ button.
- Dreamweaver will create an HTML page using the template.
- Save [File > Save] the file as index.html
- We have created our first html page. Repeat the process to create the other 3 pages.
- The ‘Files’ panel will look like this:
Dreamweaver CS5 Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Cs5 Tutorial
- Define Site
- Dreamweaver CS5 Template
- Dreamweaver Website Layout
- CSS Layout – Dreaweaver CS5
- Dreamweaver CS5 Website Header
- Dreamweaver DIV/ CSS Layout
- Dreamweaver Menu
- Editing Styles in Dreamweaver
- Editable Regions in Dreamweaver Template
- Webpages in Dreamweaver
- Linking to webpages in Dreamweaver
- Styles for text links in Dreamweaver
- Web Page Content
- Text Styles in Dreamweaver
- Heading Styles | Dreamweaver
- Contact Forms | Dreamweaver
- Form Styles | Dreamweaver
- Test Website | Dreamweaver
- FTP/ Upload Files to Hosting Server | Dreamweaver
Posted in Dreamweaver | No Comments »