FTP/ Upload Files to Hosting Server | Dreamweaver
Need a Website? Contact Us Now!
Now that your site is ready it is time to upload the files to your hosting server and make your site live.
You will need to purchase a domain name and web hosting. We use Hostgator to host this site.
To upload your files:
- Click on the ‘Connect to remote host’ icon at the top of the files panel
- Click the + button to add a new server
- Enter any server name, your FTP address/ hostname, username and password (you will receive these when you purchase hosting).
- Click the ‘Test’ button
- Click the ‘Save’ button
- In the Files panel click the ‘Expand to show local and remote sites’ icon
- You will see an expanded File Window:
- Click to connect
- Dreamweaver will connect to your remote hosting server. You will see your remote hosting server on the left side and your local files on the right side.
- You may need to navigate to a ‘www’ or ‘public_html’ folder on your remote server.
- Select all the local files
- Right click and select ‘Put’
- You can also use the ‘Put’ icon at the top
- A copy of all your website files will be stored on your remote hosting server.
- Using a browser, browse to your domain name. Your website should appear.
- Test to see if everything is working file.
- Configure your form to work using a script that will work on your server technology or a form service provider like those mentioned earlier.
Congratulations! You have built your website using Dremaweaver!
Dreamweaver CS5 Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Cs5 Tutorial
- Define Site
- Dreamweaver CS5 Template
- Dreamweaver Website Layout
- CSS Layout – Dreaweaver CS5
- Dreamweaver CS5 Website Header
- Dreamweaver DIV/ CSS Layout
- Dreamweaver Menu
- Editing Styles in Dreamweaver
- Editable Regions in Dreamweaver Template
- Webpages in Dreamweaver
- Linking to webpages in Dreamweaver
- Styles for text links in Dreamweaver
- Web Page Content
- Text Styles in Dreamweaver
- Heading Styles | Dreamweaver
- Contact Forms | Dreamweaver
- Form Styles | Dreamweaver
- Test Website | Dreamweaver
- FTP/ Upload Files to Hosting Server | Dreamweaver
Posted in Dreamweaver | No Comments »